Barb Giamanco joins Will on this episode of the Salesman Podcast to discuss what social selling training is and if it lives up to the hype.
Your guide to Social Selling
The show is kicked off with Barb explaining exactly what social selling is and how it has (or hasn’t really) changed the way sales professionals should be selling day to day.
“By 2020, 1 million, that’s 1 MILLION sales jobs will be gone.” – Barb Giamanco
The show is wrapped up by Barb sharing a story of how going the extra mile wins the business and Will follows up with a similar anecdote of his own.
Barb and Will also cover –
- Have sales people got on board with social media or is there a huge opportunity out there to get ahead of the pack?
- What is ‘advanced’ for a sales person within social selling
- If social has turned sales on it’s head or if it’s just another tool
- How to avoid sending those “just checking in” messages but stay top of mind
- The need for business to focus on current customers not always chasing to acquire new ones
- How to explain to your sales manager that social works
Sponsor: Pipedrive CRM
Pipedrive is the CRM built by salespeople for salespeople.
Salespeople like Pipedrive because it visualises your sales pipeline, highlights your opportunities and ensures important conversations don’t get dropped.
Barb heads up Social Centred Selling and is the co-author of The New Handshake: Sales Meets Social Media, the first book written on social selling.
She is the author of the Harvard Business Review article “Tweet Me, Friend Me, Make Me Buy” published in the July 2012 edition, and the invitation to write the article came from the HBR editors via Twitter.
Barb is recognized as one of the Top 25 Influential Leaders in Sales, a Top 25 Sales Influencer on Twitter and one of Top Sales World’s Top 50 Sales and Marketing Influencers. Barb has a proven, 30-year track record in generating sales. She capped a corporate career at Microsoft, where she led sales teams and coached executives. Throughout her sales career, Barb has sold $1B in products and services.