Bob Phibbs joins Will on this episode of the Salesman Podcast to look at how the internet has changed the buying cycle in retail sales specifically.
The show is kicked off with Bob explaining how the internet and the buyer having all the purchasing information they could ever want at their fingertips is changing the world of retail sales.
“Selling nowadays has to be as personal as possible” – Bob Phibbs
The show is wrapped up by looking at some of the cross over points of retail selling with B2B sales as a whole. Will asks what the best way to approach a prospect is at a conference, in a retail store or elsewhere and make contact without coming across like you’re forcing a sale on them.
Bob and Will also cover –
- The salesperson is no longer the gatekeeper to information
- Are retail salespeople still needed?
- Why individual people’s opinions matters more than ever
- Promotional VS price driven VS value driven
- Why Apple’s sales staff suck
- “Hi how’s it going…” why this is a rubbish introduction
- Why every sales professional should get some work experience in retail
Sponsor: Pipedrive CRM
Pipedrive is the CRM built by salespeople for salespeople.
Salespeople like Pipedrive because it visualises your sales pipeline, highlights your opportunities and ensures important conversations don’t get dropped.
Bob Phibbs, The Retail Doctor, is a nationally recognized business strategist, customer service expert, sales coach, marketing mentor, retail author, and motivational business speaker.
In 1994, Bob Phibbs started his own retail consulting company, his brainchild, The Retail Doctor. “I believe we can make the world a better place by improving the skills of the people working in retail,” is one of his favorite quotes.