On this week in sales we’ll be looking at:
- How Apple are using virtual avatar salespeople
- Why customer service are binning their apps
- The insane growth and revenue in the CRM space
And much more!
This Week In Sales hosts:
Apple Patent envisions a completely new Virtual Store Experience with Avatar Salespeople that can make Presentations about Products & more
Today the US Patent & Trademark Office published a patent application from Apple that relates to advancing the experience of buying devices and software on their next-gen online Apple Store with avatar salespeople who can make presentations and more.
Apple’s patent describes techniques for enabling a retail experience in a CGR environment. Online shopping can lack the instantaneous feedback, answers to questions, suggestions, demonstrations of products, and human connection of an in-person shopping experience.
Salestech is the new martech, and it’s supercharging both professions
The evidence –
- Outreach, which hit a $1.33 billion valuation last summer, and SalesLoft, which achieved a $1.1 billion valuation just last week.
- Data from a recent 2021 Revenue Operations and Customer Acquisition Benchmark Report produced by ringDNA and RevOps Squared revealed that 28% of the companies surveyed are spending $400 or more per rep (SDRs or AEs) per month.
- Aragon Research predicts sales engagement will be a $5.59 billion market by 2023.
Salesforce Unveils Loyalty Management Platform For Businesses As Online Sales Boom
Salesforce is rolling out a new product to let B2C and B2B companies easily add loyalty programs at a time when the company says online holiday retail sales grew 50 percent to top $1 trillion.
“Organizations with high levels of customer loyalty outperform their competition, so it’s critical that they provide their customers with valuable and memorable experiences to build trust,” David Schmaier, CEO of Salesforce Industries, said Tuesday (Jan. 12) in unveiling the company’s new Loyalty Management product.
The new system will enable businesses to easily build loyalty programs on the Salesforce Customer 360 Platform.
Where Will Salesforce Be in 5 Years?
Salesforce controlled 19.8% of the global customer relationship management (CRM) market in the first half of 2020, according to IDC.
Salesforce’s four closest rivals — SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, and Adobe — held a combined share of just 17.8% in the first half of 2020. It’s doubtful those rivals will catch up to Salesforce within the next five years.
At its investor day presentation in December, management estimated the company would generate over $50 billion in annual revenue in fiscal 2026
Gartner Predicts 80% of Customer Service Organizations Will Abandon Native Mobile Apps in Favor of Messaging by 2025
Digital transformation for service organizations initially focused on websites for desktop users but shifted to enterprise-native mobile app experiences with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets.
However, despite significant investment and promotion, most service organizations have failed to gain strong customer adoption of their service apps. As a result, service organizations will increasingly retire native mobile app experiences in favor of messaging.
What Companies That Grew In 2020 Realize About Sales Training
For each of these outcomes, here’s how sales training can contribute to positive business outcomes:
- Employee Satisfaction
- Employee Motivation
- Employee Retention: Data from SiriusDecisions (via Forrester) shows that each time a B2B rep turns over, the opportunity cost in total loss of sales productivity is more than $200,000.
- Sales Results: An Accenture book supports investing in training; the authors estimated that for every dollar a company invested in training, they received about $4.53 in return — a 353% ROI.
- Company Culture
- Agility Of The Enterprise
8 Psychological Tricks to Increase Conversion Rates for SaaS Startups
- Get rid of distractions to reduce the trouble
- Use easy types
- Supply fewer decisions
- Concentrate on the psychology of pricing
- Introduce a “third” product (decoy pricing)
- Add an anchor worth
- Use higher wording on your promotions
- Improve portions somewhat than cut back the value
How Companies Are Using VR to Develop Employees’ Soft Skills
Recent studies found that 59% of surveyed hiring managers and 89% of executives reported difficulty recruiting candidates with the requisite soft skills, such as communication, teamwork, and leadership.
One promising solution is virtual reality. Unlike traditional e-learning solutions, VR tools offer learners a truly immersive experience: These interactive programs can run on VR headsets — what most people likely think of when they hear “virtual reality” — or on standard mobile or desktop devices, and they allow employees to interact and role play with avatars designed to mimic customers or other key stakeholders.
E-scooter salesman fell off scooter with dog while drunk
AN e-scooter salesman has been banned from the road after falling off his scooter whilst drunk with his dog.
He “slurred” his words when police found him with a cut lip in London’s Hyde Park following a tip-off from a concerned passer-by.
The animal, which was in a bag attached to the scooter, suffered a broken leg following the prang on Boxing Day.