It’s a chicken and egg scenario. Are sales people sarcastic because of rude customers or is it the sarcasm that makes customers get annoyed in the first place?
Either way if you work in sales you will be able to relent to some of these.
1) When a customer says something really stupid you have a hard time hiding it.
2) And sometimes you feel like just giving in and going full sarcastic.
3) You find it really difficult when you’re sales manager praises your hard work.
4) You’re sometimes so sarcastic so often that you forget you’re even doing it.
5) You have to remind customers you’re being serious because they’re to used to you cracking jokes.
6) You give your customers tough love (because they need it) but they never understand.
7) You have to explain to customers that “you’re just kidding” at least once per week.
8) Sometimes you worry that sarcasm is not an attractive trait in a sales person.
9) But then you realise your customers love it because it makes you human.