Dan Englander is the author of “Mastering Account Management” and joins me on today’s episode of the Salesman Podcast to share how to do just that.
What you will learn in this episode:
Nothing too flashy in this episode, just the fundamentals that lead to 90% of success in sales –
- How to put together an “after the close” funnel
- Why account management really matters and shouldn’t be something that is left to chance
- How you can reach out to current customers without “checking in”…
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:42] – Intro
- [01:41] – Why you should focus on driving revenue from current customers rather than just bringing new ones in
- [03:19] – How your ego gets involved when making account management decisions
- [07:29] – Should we have an “after the close” sales funnel for current customers?
- [11:35] – You should be making industry partners to maximise your effectiveness
- [15:12] – How many accounts can we manage at one time?
- [18:49] – Whats in it for your customers if they give a testimonial/case study
- [20:22] – How to check in with customers without “that” disgusting email…
- [24:06] – Will prospects pay more for products if they trust the sales professional?
- [35:55] – Wrap up
- Salesschema.com – Dan’s homepage
- Dan on LinkedIn
- Book – Mastering Account Management: 102 Steps for Increasing Sales, Serving Your Customers Better, and Working Less
[zilla_toggle title=”Click here to open the transcript” state=”closed”]Coming Soon! [/zilla_toggle]
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.