We’ve all been there.
When it’s nearing the end of your company’s financial year, some of the sales team are celebrating but not you.
You’ve failed to hit your target.
You now have around 3 weeks of catch up meetings with the sales manager you haven’t seen in 6 months and his boss might even meet with you just to ‘check in’.
Here are the excuses we bet you’ve made in these situations.
1) The competitions product is better
2) Our product sucks
3) I didn’t have the support that I needed from the company
4) A colleague stole my customers
5) No-one was buying
6) It was the economy
7) It was the *insert freak thing that happened this year*
8) My wife left me
9) I’ve no idea what happened?!
And the only excuse that you might just get away with –
10) I was sandbagging for next year